Wednesday

Finally...Something good

Have you ever heard the song by Anne Murray, A little good news? It talks about new and how all we hear is the bad stuff. "one more sad story's one more than I can stand," she sings. And then she goes on to say "just once I'd like to see the headlines say Not much to print today, can't find nothing bad to say." Isn't that the truth?

Well~ let me say that I have found something in politics that is good!!! And let me also say that I am a registered REPUBLICAN, and will vote that way come election day...but KUDOS to Barack Obama for stepping up to the plate on this one and displaying some integrity~

When asked about Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin's 17 daughter who is pregnant, he had the following comments... "Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

So, Thank you, Mr. Obama. Thanks for taking the high road. We need more of that!

Anne Murray Song

No comments: