Saturday

Things I never meant to say...


Have you ever said something that you never meant to have to follow through on? Well, I have. My wonderful daughter (Mariah) is in love with WWE wrestling. UGH! I am not a fan. Not even a little bit. Not even a itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny little bit. But she does. She salivates every Monday when it comes on. She begs and pleads to stay up late to watch it.

Well, sometime ago she asked me if they ever came to anywhere around here, if I would take her. In a moment of not so much clarity~ I said that I would. You moms know what I am talking about...that "sure I will," that you throw out there when what you really mean is, "ain't gonna happen, sister..."


I have found this to be another one of those moments where God is using my children to teach me. Not so long ago I felt God speaking to me about this scripture that says "Let your no be no and your yes be yes." And so, now that I want ever so badly to tell my lovely daughter that I do not really want to take her to watch men slamming eachother into the ground, I am submitting to my current lesson, and purchasing tickets to watch wrestling.
And...in honor of the little one, I am including a picture of her favorite wrestler...John Cena. lol

1 comment:

walkers said...

oh i thought was brent in his younger years? good mom you are indeed!