Tuesday

Something that I love


Yup, that is our baby. So gorgeous. Pre-hair cut. But this is not really a post about her, it is more about the moment that I had with the kids the day that I took this picture. I had them out about town scouting the perfect place to take some pics...a little something that I like to force upon them every now and then...and we found this place.
The sunlight and shadows made for an awesome picture. But you know what pictures never tell you, what they hold secret from everyone else? The life that goes with that picture. This picture will never tell you that she tried on 8 outfits before she and I were able to agree on this one. This picture will never tell you that we had a "should I or shouldn't I wear my glasses in this picture moment" before deciding that it really is okay to not wear them if that is what she wants to do. This picture will never tell you that we had planned this oh-so fun day for a month, and then when that day came...it was so windy that we had to strategically wait out the wind and snap this one pic super fast, before abandoning the picture taking all together. It won't tell you how hard we laughed running back to the car, trying to not get blown across the parking lot.
What I love more than a good picture is all of the hidden secrets that it will never tell to others. Memories that go so much deeper than the colors on the paper, the ones that you get to hold onto forever~ the memories that get branded onto your heart.

No comments: