Friday

Update on Bass Construction and Soccer Swim Party

You ever realize just how much gets stuffed into one little life when that life is attached to that of a husband and 4 children? Gone are the days of lazy day reading, present are the days of driving people here and there, lunches, getting up earlier than you meant to because someone needs to take snacks to school today and they forgot to tell you last night when you could have done something about that at a reasonable hour... all that being said, you know what I have found in the last few days? That the more I am needed, the more exhausted I am at the end of the day, the more I love my life.

We are so close to the new office being done. Can I tell you how happy I am about that, or are you already assuming that? I have seen precious little of my husband during this last week. But I do have pictures of the work that they have got done at the office.


Sharon, rockin' out a fantastic vacuum job with the shop vac. Notice the tower has walls and paint! The main room~ in blue...

I show you this wall and Ken's backside for one reason...I, yes I, painted that wall. And yes, I do know how far away from the ceiling and door frames I was. There is good reason for that. The only way to ensure that it will not be blue is to stay far, far away from it! LOL

And now on to the soccer swim party.


Our soccer season ended two weeks ago, but the swim party was just this evening. The kids had a blast, and I have to say that it was a nice touch having it the night that school got out for the year. It ended up being a super way to kick start the summer. And boy do they have a lot going on this summer. Just in the next two weeks the kids will be going to camp, Madison will be flying in, my friend Melanie, and her family from New Mexico will be coming to stay for a week...Mikey will attend a soccer training camp and Rye will leave to spend the summer in Minnesota. Stay tuned for more tired momma stories.

A fun fact for ya...when the kids leave for camp, I am kidnapping my husband and taking him to Dallas to spend two nights in a hotel...all by ourselves. I could not be more excited about this little endeavor. I can't wait to get him away from here, hide his cell phone from him and just spend some time alone! He does not know that I asked his boss if he could have Friday off, this is going to be so fun.

No comments: