Wednesday

Random Things

Well, I was checking out my friends blogs this morning and thinking about the fact that I have not posted anything in a little bit here... and that is a situation that must be rectified. So, to that end I have compiled the following (not so important) info for ya...

We have had game 6 and 7 since I last blogged, game 6 was a time and 7 was a loss. Funny how people are quick to tell about the wins, but not so quick to tell about the losses. Well, sorry. Our last game of the season is this Saturday. I have mixed feelings about that. I am sad to see the season go, because it will probably be the only time that the 3 kids will all play together on the same team, but on the other hand I am happy to see it over because they were on the same team. lol Anyone with kids that do not see eye to eye all the time will totally understand my sentiments on that.

In other news, we got the results of Brent's last x-ray on his lungs...dun ta da~ it is all good! I was so happy about that. I am glad to know that he is coming back together. Speaking of coming back together...his belly button is almost back to where it used to be. :) I did not know how much it would make him upset that post surgery his belly button was off-center. But I can tell you that it did, but this morning it was noticeably closer to where it belongs!! Woo Hoo

As I was floating through some of those previously mentioned blogs this morning I came across something I did think was blogworthy and I am going to share it below, it is a quote from Nate Saint.

"And people who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives... and when the bubble has burst they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted."

As I have thought long and hard about that today it has led me to feel even more certain that the choices that we make in this life are not to be taken lightly. How the battles that we face with our children are not just about tv and bad attitudes, but so much more about who they will become in Christ. I pray so much that when my bubble bursts and this time is all over and people look at what is left of the life that I had here, they will see 4 of the most amazing people that I will have ever had the privilege to know~ living their lives abandoned to Jesus...and in that I will have accomplished one of the most important things in life. To know that my children walk in the truth. For that is what I want above all else.

No comments: