Saturday

Joyce Meyer Conference/ Matt Redman

Wow is all that I can say. Or perhaps, in the words of one of the songs that we sang at the conference this weekend, "How great is our God". I had been to one of Joyce Meyer's conferences last fall, and had an incredible life~changing experience with Jesus there. SO, when I found out that she was going to be in Dallas, I just had to go...and I decided that this time I wanted to go with my girls. Hours of prayer went into this decision and the trip. I wanted nothing more than for my girls to get to experience Jesus like that, and more than that to be able to come away from the conference knowing that God loves them, and that it mattered that they wanted to be there to worship Him and to learn about Him.

I had no idea how God was going to show up to answer our prayers. Even though I am navigationally-challenged and got lost 4 times (twice getting so lost I had to call Brent and have him find me on mapquest and redirect me), Lissa and Rye had been praying that God would do something to really make this trip special. Well, for those of you who have been or know about these conferences, they have big name people to come in and do the worship...this time it was Matt Redman We watched him and his worship band lead worship at the first and second sessions. But it was at the third session that we got blown away. We got there early...and while we were sitting in our seats over an hour before it was to start, a random lady came up to me and asked me if I wanted to meet the band, she had an extra "Meet the Band" pass. I said "YES!!!" And with that Melissa got to do what she wanted to do more than anything...meet Matt Redman. It was incredible and awesome and more than we could have ever imagined...which is just so like our God...
As we were challenged at the conference to live a lifestlye that follows after Jesus example, I am encouraged also in this...that God will meet me in those places where I take yet another step towards Him. What a gift we have to be able to seek after a living God.

No comments: