Monday

Thanksgiving & Beyond





We finally did it...we got past Thanksgiving, let the decorating commence!! Yipee. To be fair, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My in law's were here and we had an awesome time together. My turkey was the best, if I do say so myself. If there is one thing that I can do well, it is a nice turkey. We did a little shopping and went on the hunt for the Eckley Christmas Tree. Since we used to live where you could go out into the mountains and seek out the perfect tree and cut it down, living here in the land where you have tree farms or the home depot, it is usually a bummer to have to go to the store to get your tree.
This year was a new day for us though. A first of sorts for the Eckley's. This is the first year that we went to a tree farm, and also the first year that us girls went with the men to get the tree. But it was so great. We travelled about 30 minutes to get there, and found the most awesome tree. As you can see by the pictures...my little tree hugger was in heaven on a "tree farm", and my young man was totally prepared to cut down our tree!!

No comments: