Friday

3-day Walk For The Cure

Okey Dokey, here we go. I signed up today for the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk-a-thon in Dallas, which will take place November 5-7. I was a little concerned at first because it is 60 miles, but I am already feeling so much love & support from my closest peeps, that I don't think I have anything to worry about!

My team of supporters first must include my bestie, LaDonna. This chica is awesome. She is going with me to Dallas for the "Get Started" Meeting. This meeting is meant to get you jazzed about the walk and the fundraising. So excited for her to come with me.

Secondly is my walking partner, Lissa. Lissa's first (all-be-it unsolicited) piece of advice came this morning. "Just don't wear flip-flops, Mom." Thanks, babe. Got it.

Future people will be listed as the need arises...

I am super excited about training for the walk. I think it will be great for me and the kids are looking forward to missing a day of school in November to come to Dallas and cheer me on!

I have lots more to say about why I am doing this, but for now I'll leave you with this...

If you'd like to sponsor me, you can go to the following link www.the3day.org and click on the link on the right side of the page that says to donate to a participant and then type in my name SHANNON ECKLEY. Your donation will go straight to my goal of $2500!

No comments: