Wednesday

New Beginnings in Perfect Places

Today began a new chapter in our lives~ I (Shannon) started working at the hospital as a volunteer in the chaplain services department. My official title is associate chaplain. I have to say that never in my life have I felt so perfectly suited for what I am doing. As I walked up and down the halls "shadowing" one of the other chaplains today I was clearly aware that in life there are so many times that you miss out on things because of fear or just plain old dis-obedience, yet after a life time of stumbles and mis-steps, some how I was still able to find this place. This perfect place for me. One so uniquely fit to the person that I am. Perhaps uniquely fit to the person that I was created to be. To be able to devote my life praying for people and just showing up for people...it does not get any better than that. Not for me anyway.

It is like all that time that I spent wondering is coming to a close, and an incredible new arena has just been opened up for me to play in! Somehow, I feel like there is no way to fail~ if I just love Jesus and love others the best way that I know how...keep taking the next step in what my Father has laid out before me...this time it just might turn out right!

1 comment:

The Mathews Family said...

I am so proud of you friend! You go girl!